How To DIY A Spa Style Facial
Going to the spa or salon for a facial is always a great way to relax, rejuvenate your complexion and slow down the signs of aging. Getting a facial once in awhile is a great way to jump start great skin but not everyone the time or money to do that monthly. If you can't go to the spa, bring the spa to you.
1. Double Cleanse. Apply cleanser (a creamy cleanser for dry skin and a gel cleanser that foams for combination or oily skin) with a little warm water and lightly massage over face and neck. Rinse and repeat.
2. Exfoliation is next. Slough off those dead skin cells and brighten your skin. Use a exfoliator that is right for your skin type. Remember when using an exfoliator, massage it gently into your skin. Let the product do the work, not your hands. Rinse.
3. Next is your toner. Toners remove any leftover residue from the exfoliant and oils from your skin and bring your skin to the proper healthy ph level. Using a cotton ball apply a few drops of toner all over face and neck. It should self dry in seconds.
4. Spot treat your skin's special needs. Have acne breakouts? Use a serum to spot treat. Fine lines around the eyes, apply a collagen serum to add plumpness. If your skin tends to get rosy, calm it with a serum.
5. Mask time. Choose a tightening, hydrating mask and apply it to the entire face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
6. Pamper those eyes! While relaxing with your all over face mask, apply cooling collagen eye masks to your eyes to reduce any swelling and dark circles you might have.
7. Hydrate. After removing your mask with luke warm water, get your moisture on. Everyone needs moisturizing, whether oily, combination, or dry/mature. You just need to have the right one for the job.
8. Finish by lightly dabbing oil around your eyes.
Eight easy steps to healthy skin in only about 30 minutes, try it today!
BONUS TIP: Apply your moisturizer, oil and sunscreen to the backs of your hands every morning as part of your skincare routine. Hands show signs of aging fast. And this trick will keep everyone guessing!
Tamera Marquez has been a licensed esthetician for over 15 years and in the beauty business for 25 years has given Tamera a wide range of experience working in spas, salons and in cosmetology schools. She is a National Skin Care & Waxing Educator, working for local and international manufacturing companies. She also works directly with clients in a salon setting. Tamera is an advocate for continuing education for professionals and her clients.
- Tamera Marquez