How To Get Rid of Puffy Eyes: 8 Tips for Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
There are so many urban myths going around about puffy eyes and dark circles and how to cure them, that it is an overwhelming task to figure out what helps and what is a waste of time and money. Let’s cut through the crap and look at some real solutions.
First - you have to look at the causes…
- Fluid Retention
- Lack of Sleep
- Heredity and/or Hormones
Now that we know what causes the inflammation, let’s look at some ways to help get rid of it!
1. Reduce the sodium content in your diet. This means avoiding processed foods and especially canned soups. Other ingredients to watch are refined sugars and artificial sweeteners which have been proven to increase inflammation and fluid retention in the body.
2. Drink water! Eight eight-ounce glasses a day on average will keep the body hydrated.
3. Watch your alcohol intake - too much of a good thing ... truly is not good for hydrating the body and controlling fluid retention.
4. Masking and Serums are essential. As we age, the skin under the eye becomes fragile and you need to keep the elasticity and firmness in the skin. As with anything, consistency will make the difference. You should mask two to three times a week and apply a serum morning and night.
5. After applying a serum or mask, a facial exercise is really beneficial. Facial massage is critical for increasing blood circulation around the periorbital part of the eye. Getting the lymphatic areas draining will help to freshen and brighten the skin, and may help to clear your sinus cavity.
6. Facial yoga. Yep, there are simple moves you can practice to help with the toning of muscles around the periorbital area.
7. Cool compresses. You don’t need tea bags or cucumbers to bring down the “bags” or dark circles. Simply cooling the area, especially after massage, masking and serum application, can bring down the puffiness.
8. After a good mask and facial massage, get some rest and let your body recharge!
Amber Products suggests the 24KT Eye Masques or our Blueberry Eye Masques. After masking, use the HydroCollagen around the eyes and/or the 24KT Shine to brighten. Follow with the Ultra Silk Eye Cream.
For more information on how to get rid of puffy eyes and dark circles, techniques for facial massage and yoga and how to use products correctly, tune in to our Facebook Live today at 3:00EST/12:00PST.