17 Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know
We rounded up our best beauty tips and put them in one simple post. Because life is busy and your skin has demands and we are here for you.
1. Treat your neck as an extension of your face. Wash, tone, exfoliate and moisturize. Your future neck thanks you!
2. Receiving facials at the beginning of every season will keep skin radiant and bright. If you can’t afford to pay for one at a spa, do your ow DIY Spa Style Facial.
3. Hot weather tends to bring out the oil in our skin. Apply an oil absorbing serum under a light oil-free moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of excess oil during the warmer months. You don’t have to buy ours, but if you want to it's AMAZING. (If we do say so ourselves.)
4. Having trouble washing your face before bed because you’ve kicked butt all day and are falling asleep watching TV or you’re so tired you crawl into bed with a dirty face and a pile of guilt? Try washing your face and putting on your night cream as soon as you get home.
5. Taking a makeup break allows your skin to replenish its natural moisture level and expel any makeup residue that has been left on the skin. Try the 5:2 makeup plan. Five days with makeup, two days without. Your skin will look amazing!
6. Sweating it out is great for your skin, until it isn’t. Rinse your face after a workout to keep pores clean and prevent breakouts.
7. To fight infection and clogged pores wash your makeup brushes often! You should wash your concealer and foundation brushes once a week. Any brushes used around your eyes should be washed at least twice per month. Any other brushes can be washed once a month.
8. We all know we should be using sunscreen on our faces. BUT did you know you should be applying it to your hands daily? Especially if you drive a lot. Moisturize your hands every morning and apply sunscreen. They say you can always tell a woman’s age by her hands...let’s keep them guessing. You don’t have to buy ours, but if you want to it's oil free and blocks the sun's rays like a beast.
9. Exfoliating your underarms regularly with a body scrub helps prevent the build up of deodorant residue on the skin which can lead to unpleasant odors. You’re welcome. We might have mentioned this before but ... you don’t have to buy ours, but if you want to it comes in a rainbow of delicious scents.
10. Put a coating of vitamin C on before your moisturizer every night. Vitamin C is a highly powerful antioxidant that protects against free radical damage and helps repair environmentally damaged skin. It helps rejuvenate the skin and increase collagen production. Our Unique C Serum is pretty darn awesome! (orange not included)
11. Give your skin the gift of seven to eight hours of sleep every night. While you snooze it regenerates and repairs itself.
12. After cleansing your face, pat dry, keeping the skin slightly damp and then put on your moisturizer. This will help to lock in much needed moisture.
13. To prevent fine lines and keep your lips moisturized, exfoliate your lips and surrounding areas. Pat dry and while still damp, apply your favorite eye cream to those areas. If you like pineapple, bamboo and all things botanical you will LOVE our three exfoliators.
14. Double cleanse your face. The first cleanse lifts everything off the surface. Think of it as a makeup and SPF remover. The second cleanse gets rid of old skin cells, dust, bacteria, and perspiration that sit underneath our makeup. Ewww. You should definitely go in for that second wash as often as possible.
15. Argan Oil is helpful in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. It improves skin elasticity and promotes skin hydration. Every night before bed pat a beauty oil containing argan around your eyes. Oh, it just so happens we have one of those.
16. Don’t pop your zits! We know … it’s SO HARD NOT TO. Constantly examining, touching and popping your breakouts only prolongs healing. Let a good zit-zapping serum do the work instead! You guessed it, we have one of those too!
17. Every women should have single use eye masques chock full of oils in their beauty routine. Eye masques remove the puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. Store them in the refrigerator. The coolness will not only feel amazing, it will further reduce the puffiness under your eyes! You don’t have to buy ours, but if you want to they have oils AND WINE in them. #justsayin